Monday, March 10, 2008

The Birth of a Blog

Well, I did it, created my first blog and it was fun though now that I have created new life I have no idea where it will go. Something about the word blog always turned me off. Blah, blah, blahhg...like the blogger was always just going on and on about nothing important. I always thought I had to have something really important to say and a specific audience. Isn't that what they always told us when we wrote our essays with pencil and paper? Perhaps I do have something really important to say, but who am I saying it to? If I just send it out there with noone to read it (like the proverbial tree in the forest), was it heard?

Recently a god came to me. It was Horus the Egyptian god of the sky and the kings. I think his message to me is to take a greater perspective, to own my visions and to take my own power as a king would. The Eye of Horus, also called the Wadjat, is the eye of power and protection. It is all-seeing, kind of like the World Wide Web. It's also like a third eye to me looking beyond the present realities. Beginning my journey at Pacifica Graduate Institute is like birthing a different "I", through Inquiries, Imaginings and Insights. I hope the Eye of Horus will guide and guard me.

1 comment:

Laura Harness said...

Congratulations on birthing your new baby blog, this "lovely" name sounds like some kind of bloated frog to me, perhaps a prince in need of a tranformative kiss to become... The divine child Horus suckled at Isis' breast? The new King of the land with an all-seeing eye? I can see we're in for quite a ride!!

Just a few of the many books I am reading...

  • The Mystery of 2012: Predictions, Prophecies and Possibilities
  • Parallel Myths by J.F. Bierlein
  • Egyptian Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Goddesses and traditions of Ancient Egypt by Geraldine Pinch