Friday, March 28, 2008

The King and Queen


Horus as the falcon or hawk-headed one who's name is believed to mean "he who is above" and he is associated with the sky and kingship. His right eye was the sun (masculine) and his left eye the moon (feminine) so he appears to embody the King and Queen archetype. Together King and Queen comprise the Hieros Gamos, the union of heaven and earth, sun and moon. According to Jung this is also the symbol of the harmonious union of the unconscious and consciousness; the individuation process. Horus seems to have stimulated the King/Queen archetype in my life. I recently drew the Queen card from the Caroline Myss Archetype tarot cards and have been looking at my own ability to take my rightful place in the world, own my power and authority. On the shadow side I have looked at my ego's control and also aknowledge my humility in the face of the great mystery. Bringing the King and Queen into balance is my work in my own individuation process. I feel gifted to see that all that is unfolding in this dream is purposeful, connected, and magical. So I take seriously that Horus has chosen me and is asking me to step forward and step up. Specifically the King (mature male) aspect or animus within myself which will balance my more developed feminine aspects and help me to manifest my vision and work in the world.

No comments:

Just a few of the many books I am reading...

  • The Mystery of 2012: Predictions, Prophecies and Possibilities
  • Parallel Myths by J.F. Bierlein
  • Egyptian Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Goddesses and traditions of Ancient Egypt by Geraldine Pinch