Somehow I had blog-block and missed the fact that I was supposed to post this week. For some reason it does not come naturally to me. I did enjoy podcasting but am still uncertain as to where my voice or thoughts are going.
After a trip to the Honolulu zoo, I have been enamoured by the animal world, as I enjoy all the creatures who live around me. In my own family we have cats, a dog, a guinea pig, chickens and soon goats. The birds are a big part of my life since I hear the song birds in the morning, and unfortunately the wild roosters cockle-do-a-doing all hours of day and night. At the Honolulu zoo there was an amazing collection of birds from all over the world, including falcon (Horus). I was struck by all the colors and manifestations of these feathered friends. The bird is a symbol of the Self and likewise there are so many representations of Self as well.
Two video links were sent to me this week, one of a Lion's love for her rescuer http://www.telestereo.com/Archivos/video.html and another of an elephant painting a self-portrait. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LHoyB81LnE You must see them, whoever is reading this. And let yourself be touched by the creatures around you who share our world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just a few of the many books I am reading...
- The Mystery of 2012: Predictions, Prophecies and Possibilities
- Parallel Myths by J.F. Bierlein
- Egyptian Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Goddesses and traditions of Ancient Egypt by Geraldine Pinch
No comments:
Post a Comment